Description of Historic Site: Surveyed in 1839, the Village of Pier Cove was once the busiest port between St. Joseph and Muskegon. Before the Civil War Pier cove was a bustling community whose major import and export was lumber distribution. With the exhaustion of the lumber supply in 1880s, the fire of 1871, and the up and coming of the railroad the sawmill moved to Fennville. Later in the 1880s fruit was becoming a major shipping commodity and this revived the villages economy. In 1899 a freeze killed much of the local harvest and shipping at Pier Cove was reduced to passenger traffic all commercial activity ceased in 1917.
Address: 70th St Between 122nd and 124th Aves. Ganges Township Park Fennville, MI