Description of Historic Site: Orson G Vahue was one of the substantial business men in Allegan County was a member of the firm Vahue & Brand proprietors of the City Meat Market in Allegan. Mr. Vahue built this house on the family farm in 1906 along with other out buildings. With the upgrades to the family farm he made raising draft horses his specialty. Vahue & Brand once owned a brick block of the center of town and nine acres for their butchering operation. Mr. Vahue was also a member of the school board and president of the Allegan County Agricultural Society, former president of the Village Board, former chairman of the financial committee, and street committee for Allegan. It remains a private home.
Address: 203 Cutler St. Allegan, MI