Description of Historic Site: Laketown Township was settled by Dutch immigrants in 1847. Originally part of Newark Township, Laketown was set off in 1858 and was named for its close proximity to Lake Michigan. Officials did not have a dedicated hall until 1884 when this simple structure was built. It served as the community center until 1988 when a new township hall was built. Much of the original interior is intact.
Address: 6280 142nd Ave Holland, MI 49423