Name of Historic Site: Woman’s Literary Club (Business offices)
Description of Historic Site: The Bay View Reading Circle was established in 1894 and later became the Woman’s Literary Club. Their motto was “to further intellectual improvement, and to diffuse useful information.” In 1912 the club had purchased property at 10th st. and Central Ave. to build their clubhouse. In 1997 the building was sold to Eagle Cos because of declining membership and expensive repairs to the building. The club still meets in local churches.
Address: 235 Central Ave