Name of Historic Site: Winter Medical Office/Central Avenue Christian Reformed Church
Description of Historic Site: Dr. John K. and Dr. William G. Winter submitted plans to build an office building. The structure was designed by Grand Rapids architect Herbert Colton and construction was done by Van Dyke and Volkers construction began in 1941. The office was used by the Winters until 1981. It is the first building in the Holland area designed to be a doctor’s office. It is also a prime example of continuing city-wide use of traditional Dutch architecture. In 2004, the Central Avenue Christian Reform Church took ownership of the building and use it for office space.
Address: 10 E 10th St. Holland, MI (Church office)