Name of Historic Site: Veneklasen Brick Company/Veneklasen Brick
Description of Historic Site: Veneklasen Brick Company was founded in 1848 by Jan Veneklasen a Dutch emigrant from the Netherlands who was a brickmaker by trade. The bricks were primarily used in house construction, but were also used in churches, school civic buildings, and institutional buildings such as Van Vleck Hall and Voorhies hall on the Hope College Campus. The company ceased operations in 1920 due to materials being harder to harvest and larger brick companies being able to deliver bricks faster and cheaper due to the new transportation improvements.
Address: 104th Ave and Paw Paw Dr. Zeeland, MI