Name of Historic Site: Van Vleck Hall
Description of Historic Site: After the Rev. Van Raalte raised enough money to build this building John Van Vleck designed and supervised and construction. The hall was named after Van Vleck who was the principal of the Holland Academy from 1855 to 1859. Van Vleck hall was completed in 1858, initially the hall had class and reading rooms, dining hall, chapel, dormitory, and the residence of the principal. The building survived the fire of 1871 and served as a dispensary and infirmary for student military training programs for both World Wars.
Address: 116 E 10th St