Name of Historic Site: P. Henry De Pree House
Description of Historic Site: The De Pree Family immigrated from the Netherlands to the Village of Zeeland in 1849. Peter and his brother William ran various businesses in the Zeeland and Holland area. Mr. De Pree was elected Zeeland’s village president in 1904 and became Zeeland’s first Mayor after he helped secure its charter in 1907. He was also very active at the Second Reformed Church that his family helped found. The House is a Queen Anne style and was built in 1899 it was among the first houses designed by Grand Rapids architect Thomas Benjamin. The De Pree Home was owned by the De Pree family until 1977 when it was purchased by long time Zeeland residents Myna and John Vander Warf.
Address: 360 E Central Ave Zeeland, MI 49464 (Private Home)