Name of Historic Site: Hope Church
Description of Historic Site: In 1860 the founder of Holland, Albertus C. Van Raalte, gave the congregation four village lots on this site. The original 1864 stick structure burnt in the fire of 1871. A simple brick gothic revival church designed by Carl Pfeiffer from New York City was built in 1874. The present day Veneklasen brick Flemish stepped-gable sanctuary structure was designed by Clark and Munger from Bay City in 1902. When the building was razed in 1981 to add the Parish Life Center, its bracketed belfry and thirty-on foot spire were saved. Major renovations that have taken place: in 1947 and 1984 the interior was completed, 1984 an education wing was added, and the exterior of the building was restored in 1980.
Phone Number: 616.392.7947
Address: 77 W 11th St Holland, MI 49423