Name of Historic Site: Holland Post Office (Holland Museum)
Description of Historic Site: Growing pressure from the citizen of the growing Holland area the U.S. Congress granted Holland its first Post Office in 1848 Henry D. Post was the first post master. Holland post office originally named Black River relocated many times in rented spaces until the Holland post office was built in 1915. The structure is a neoclassical Indiana limestone building consisting of oak paneling, marble trim, fashionable windows and electric lighting. The city of Holland acquired the building after the post office relocated in 1986. In 1992, the Holland museum was created in part by the Netherlands Museum collection started by Willard Wichers in 1937.
Phone Number: 616.392.9084
Address: 31 W 10th St. Holland, MI