Name of Historic Site: Grand Trunk Railroad Depot
Description of Historic Site: When the Detroit and Milwaukee railroad came to Grand Haven in 1858, a depot was built on Dewey Hill, but because of the difficulty for the passengers being on the other side, the people of Grand Haven voted to pay $52,000 to build a bridge from Ferrysburg to Grand Haven. In 1870, the Grand Truck Depot was opened for passenger trains until 1958, and freight train use until 1966. The City of Grand Haven acquired the abandoned depot building in 1967 and turned into the Tri-Cities Historical museum. The depot is now part of the Tri-Cities Historical Museum as their transportation museum.
Phone Number: 616.842.0700
Address: 1 North Harbor Ave Grand Haven, MI