Name of Historic Site: First Presbyterian Church
Description of Historic Site: In 1849 the First Presbyterian Church was incorporated with Rev. William Ferry as the first president. The church leaders laid a corner stone in 1955 on the original site located on Washington. In 1872 the congregation agreed to purchase property on the corner of Franklin and Fifth Streets. In 1885 the church edifice moved from Washington to its new site on Franklin. In 1911 the church went under a complete remodel with the removal of a tower and added a vestibule. In 1954 ground was broke to add a sanctuary to the church, and seventeen months later stain glass was added to the sanctuary with depictions of the new and old testaments, worldwide religious movement, and local history.
Address: 508 Franklin Street Grand Haven, MI