Name of Historic Site: DePree Chemical/Lumir Building
Description of Historic Site: Built in 1907 this building was originally occupied by DePree Chemical Company. The chemical company started out making chemical fumigators then later began to make nutritional supplements and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. In 1968, DePree Chemical was bought by Chattem Drug Company. In 1980, Chattem was purchased by John Otting and William Baker, two former employees from DePree Chemical who formed JB Labs in 1978. JB Labs used this building until 1995. The building was then sold to Lumir Company who specialize in restoration and preservation of historic buildings.
Address: 130 Central Ave Holland, MI (Offices)