Description of Historic Site: In June of 1847 a group of seventy Dutch immigrants from Graafschap, Betheim, near the Dutch border settled in this area which they named Graafschap. Another thirty-four immigrants from Drenthe, The Netherlands joined the immigrants from Graafschap the two groups spoke similar dialects and have the same religious views. In 1849 the congregation built a log church near where the present church stands today. The first services were conducted by Rev. Van Raalte. In 1862 the present church was built expansions in 1922, 1937, and 1949 the original church remains intact.
Address: 621 48th Ave. Holland, MI